I’ve been practicing holistic biological dentistry for the last 30 years. Over this period of time I’ve seen so many patients get better when they have illnesses that general doctors or medical specialists can not identify or related to the oral cavity.
Nowadays we know that the metal crowns, mercury fillings and root canals, chronic infections & cavitations (NICO) in the mouth do cause quite a lot of different illnesses. Once they’re removed properly and detox the body, patients tend to get better.
Both my parents were pharmacists. I was born behind a counter in a pharmacy so to say, this helped me better understand illnesses, needs, poverty and many other factors that have influence in people’s lives. With that knowledge in my life and understanding I looked into the medical and dental field which I started in medical school at the age of 17. After a year I decided to attend dental school which helped me find the proper profession that I was inclined to. In addition I worked for 4 ½ years in the LA area in the dental field which gave me the knowledge to practice dentistry, under the supervision of my mentors: Dr. Eugene Fields and Dr. Hari Reddi. Also worked as a professional interpreter and translator for medical, legal and private matters for the state of California for over 3 years.
Over 30 years ago I was guided and introduced to Holistic Dentistry through cancer patients and how they improved their health with the alternative treatments for Cancer and the removal of the all metals, composites, cavitations, root canals, decay, oral infections, gingivitis, you name it, once you clear all the path patients tend to get healthier.
So up to this date I have seen so many cases of patients that have Lymes disease, Chronic Fatigue, Multiple Sclerosis, Thyroid problems and Cancer improved their lifestyle and just for that simple fact I’m very inclined and dedicated to what I do.
This specialty originated in Germany over 70 years ago. I had the opportunity to attend a course in Baden Baden Germany with the Biological Dental society with Prof. Dr. med. dent. Werner Becker to better understand this concept. That’s where Biological Dentistry has its roots, This is a fundamental profession and specialty for the wellbeing of the human race.
I’ll probably keep on doing holistic dentistry up to the last day of my life. It is a very interesting field, there’s a lot of compassion and you have to place your heart into what you do. This helps people get healthier and have a better quality of life and if that’s a little piece that you can contribute so your patients can get better I think we’re doing something great. If you love what you do you will obtain better results.
Dr. Ornelas is currently a member or has been a past member of the following dental and health organizations:
- Hal Huggins Applied Healing Alliance
- International Association of Mercury-Safe Dentists
- International IAOHD (International Association of Ozone in Healthcare and Dentistry
- The American Academy of Biological Dentistry
- Holistic Dental Association
- United States-Mexico Border Health Association
- Hispanic Dental Association
- Calcium Therapy Institute
- Biological German Dental Society
- Member of European Implantology Association, Paris, France
- Biological German Dental Society – BNZ
Dr. Ornelas has had the following additional training:
- International Master Course of Implantology (IMCI) – Paris, France.
- Masters degree in OZONE THERAPY 2005.
- Full training course in OZONE THERAPY in all its phases with Dr. Renate Viebahn-Hansler and Dr. Hartmut Dorstewitz
- Dr. Ornelas has also done studies in Germany, the USA and France.
- Forensic Science Course – 1996